Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TracyW

How can I Watch on mobile device

Jump to solution

I am new. I’ve been using my iPad to connect and control my Roku Ultra. I’ve added channels and can watch the Roku channel on my iPad.

I thought at one time the mobile app listed my iPad as a device and that I could see all the available channels on it. And that I could then watch those channels on my iPad. Not just the Roku channel.

btw, I love that the mobile app automatically switches my tv input to allow Roku. I wish I could switch back without the tv remote

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How can I Watch on mobile device

Jump to solution

You are describing some sort of reverse casting/mirroring scenario that isnt available.

If you want to use any of the apps that you have installed on your Roku on your iPad instead, you would simply use the native apps on your iPad (assuming they are available for iOS).

E.g. if you want to use NetFlix on your iPad, just download and install NF from the Apple store and use it.

Native app playback is almost always preferable to casting/mirroring, so this isnt something you want (unless the app was available on Roku, but not for iOS).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How can I Watch on mobile device

Jump to solution

You are describing some sort of reverse casting/mirroring scenario that isnt available.

If you want to use any of the apps that you have installed on your Roku on your iPad instead, you would simply use the native apps on your iPad (assuming they are available for iOS).

E.g. if you want to use NetFlix on your iPad, just download and install NF from the Apple store and use it.

Native app playback is almost always preferable to casting/mirroring, so this isnt something you want (unless the app was available on Roku, but not for iOS).