Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maalleh
Level 7

How Do I Add the Roku App to My Kindle Fire Tablet

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premiere, actually two of them. I stream all my TV through my Roku. My question now is how do I link my Fire Tablet to my Roku account and stream apps on it? I've searched all morning and can't find the app in the Fire App Store.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How Do I Add the Roku App to My Kindle Fire Tablet

Jump to solution

Hi @maalleh,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Currently, the Roku mobile app is a free application that is only compatible with iOS and  Android devices.

What mobile devices work with the Roku mobile app?

The Roku app for iOS is compatible with Apple devices running iOS version 11.0 or higher. Visit the App Store® on your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), or visit the online App Store to download the Roku mobile app for iOS.

The Roku app for Android is compatible with Android devices running Android version 5.0 or higher. Visit the Google Play™ store on your Android device, or visit the online Google Play store to download the Roku mobile app for Android.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I install the Roku® mobile app? | Official Roku Support 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @maalleh,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Currently, the Roku mobile app is a free application that is only compatible with iOS and  Android devices.

What mobile devices work with the Roku mobile app?

The Roku app for iOS is compatible with Apple devices running iOS version 11.0 or higher. Visit the App Store® on your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), or visit the online App Store to download the Roku mobile app for iOS.

The Roku app for Android is compatible with Android devices running Android version 5.0 or higher. Visit the Google Play™ store on your Android device, or visit the online Google Play store to download the Roku mobile app for Android.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I install the Roku® mobile app? | Official Roku Support 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku app does not allow you to stream an app on the Roku to another device. It's mainly designed for controlling the Roku or sending pictures or videos from the device the app is on, such as a phone. I think you may have its functionality confused.

As you noted, there is no app available for the Fire tablet. Because it is an Android device you might be able to side load the app, assuming you can find the APK file for it. But I can't offer any support doing that, as I have no Android devices myself, other than the Nvidia Shield and Onn 4K player, neither which are similar to your tablet. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos