Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmms247
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings

Same issue with my new 6 series, contacted support and indicated they could not recreate even though they clearly can based on this thread. Guess we just have to wait, wonder why TCL only makes the expect picture settings available via the app and not the tv itself. Or maybe test this important function that only works using the app before rollout of a release? Just saying.

thank you for everyone who posted about this topic.

0 Kudos
Koha23

The newest version that works for me is v7.0.2.409945 from 8/19/2020. I'm on a OnePlus 6t with rooted Android 10.

0 Kudos

Re: Expert Picture settings for streaming input

I’m having the same issue. I’d really love to access those settings..

0 Kudos
Jco5959

Same happening on my pixel 3. Was there ever any resolution to this issue. Tcl 75" 635

Avantebdaking
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings FIX!!

I just figured out the issue everyone. The app is crashing because there is some confusion when the settings the phone has for your tv are different from the tv actual settings. In order to fix the issue check which picture preset is selected on app, (mine was on low power mode). Switch the tv to that setting and then try reopening the app. 

Hopefully it works for you as well 👍🏿

Avantebdaking
Reel Rookie

Ahh it's because there is no game mode on the app so when it's selected on the tv, the app crashes because it's confused about the mode it's in

0 Kudos
Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

I just tried that and switched to low power setting and it still crashes. What you said worked did not for me. If you get app crashes how do we see what mode it has?

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

Just wanted to say, I have been keeping up with this page since the whole thing has happened. It is still crashing for me as well. I have the TCL R617 (2018). The only difference now is that the app actually tells me I can either reopen the app or report an app problem as opposed to simply putting me back to my main phone screen. I really hope it is fixed, it started right in the middle of me delving deeper into experimenting with 2.2/2.4. I would like to change Dolby Vision to 2.4.

Dsho13
Channel Surfer

Honestly I've learned my lesson, this will go in the guest room and ill never buy a TCL(going to stick to reputable brands.... Samsung, LG, Sony.....) this should be a simple fix but these guys DO NOT  care about the customer. Maybe I shouldn't trash TCL they make a decent product Roku on the other hand is a new standard in trash. 

NTM23
Streaming Star

I think it is unfortunate we even need an app on our phone for it. It'd be great to have access to all the options in the TV menu. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it can't be. Plus, it'd be less likely that this issue would arise.

0 Kudos