Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkl
Level 7

Deleting Deactivated Rokus from iPhone App

I just deactivated three older Rokus which I then sold. They no longer show in my account, but are still present (grayed out) in the iPhone Roku app. I'd like to remove them, but don't know how. I found a forum topic on this for Android, but not for the iPhone, and I see no way in the Roku app settings for removing these devices. Thanks in advance.
2018 and 2017 Roku Ultras, 2017 Roku Streaming Stick+, 2018 Roku Express
Mohu Sky attic antenna
First Generation Dual Tuner Tablo
HP Stream Mini (used as a media server for Plex/PlayOn/iTunes/Web)
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Deleting Deactivated Rokus from iPhone App

One way would be to uninstall the app and then reinstall, but I know that's a pain. I'm not on my home network right now, so I can't get to any of the settings on my phone app. It's trying to find my players when they aren't here. Smiley Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
One way would be to uninstall the app and then reinstall, but I know that's a pain. I'm not on my home network right now, so I can't get to any of the settings on my phone app. It's trying to find my players when they aren't here. Smiley Happy

I've actually considered that already, but that sure would be a clunky way to handle the situation. I can't believe that there isn't a way built into the app to do this. Roku, I assume, anticipates that folks will upgrade their stream boxes from time-to-time and would provide a means for that to be reflected in the iPhone app. (Frankly, I was surprised that it didn't happen in the background with the app checking the account to show only currently linked Rokus in the app rather than requiring a manual update in the app itself.)
Mohu Sky attic antenna
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Removing the app from your iOS device and re-adding it is the only way I've found to clear out devices.

As a bit of information, the device keeps not only the devices tied to your account, but any device you connect to. For example, if you're at a friend's house, and you connect to his Roku, it will continue to show in your app (though grayed out) when you return home.

When you install the app on your iOS device, it will show the Roku devices on your current network. When you log in, it will show any device on your account that's not on your network (say, a device you own that's at another location).

There appears to be no press-hold or swipe left option to remove grayed out devices.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
Removing the app from your iOS device and re-adding it is the only way I've found to clear out devices.

As a bit of information, the device keeps not only the devices tied to your account, but any device you connect to. For example, if you're at a friend's house, and you connect to his Roku, it will continue to show in your app (though grayed out) when you return home.

When you install the app on your iOS device, it will show the Roku devices on your current network. When you log in, it will show any device on your account that's not on your network (say, a device you own that's at another location).

There appears to be no press-hold or swipe left option to remove grayed out devices.

Thanks. I guess that's what I'll do this evening unless someone else has a better solution. Roku needs to fix this. I tried swipe/delete and, of course, it didn't work. That seems like an obvious feature to add.
Mohu Sky attic antenna
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Your best bet might be to offer feedback through the App Store.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
Your best bet might be to offer feedback through the App Store.

Yeah, I've done that. I've also added it to the "Feature Requests - First Quarter 2018" topic.
Mohu Sky attic antenna
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

Well, I followed atc98092 and Basil's advice, deleting the Roku app from my iPhone, reinstalling it, and having it scan for available Rokus on our home network. That did the trick. It still seems like a half-a** way to delete deactivated Rokus. Hopefully, Roku will fix this before I upgrade again (probably replacing my Roku 3 this coming fall ... hint, hint).
Mohu Sky attic antenna
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I'll bring this up with people in charge of the app. It's a great suggestion!
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I'll bring this up with people in charge of the app. It's a great suggestion!

Thanks!
Mohu Sky attic antenna
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos