Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dougable
Level 7

Could you please add audio control to Roku app?

I have to go back and forth between my phone app for Roku and the Roku remote to turn the audio up or down on my Roku streaming stick plus  

Could you please add audio controls to the app for my 4K Roku with mic and volume buttons?

Weirdly you have added audio control for the app in regards to my Roku TV. But not for the Roku app I have on a different TV.

Plus: When I use the voice button on my Roku remote with that Roku device on my Samsung TV, I say, “Turn volume up” or “down,” and then the prompt on my TV says it’s changing the volume ... but it doesn’t. Telling it to mute does the same thing. It says it’s muting but it doesn’t.

I love roku. I can’t believe it took me this long to switch from awful Chromecast. But it would be terrific if you could fix these audio issue with the remote and more importantly with the app. 
thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Re: Could you please add audio control to Roku app?

Does your phone have an IR emitter?  It seems like it would have to for this to work. I know that some phones have them, but I don't believe that mine does.

0 Kudos
Dougable
Level 7

My phone’s roku app already controls volume on my roku tv. Which means it is possible roku can add volume buttons also to the virtual remote when I’m casting to my roku streaming stick in my Samsung tv. Chromecast allows me to control the volume on its iOS app, and so do the apps for Netflix and YouTube and a million other apps. Roku and Hulu have decided against virtual volume control on their iOS apps for some TVs and not for other TVs. No idea why. But it’s dumb. 

0 Kudos
dathead2
Level 10

Check if you have an hdmi port on tv that says it supports hdmi-arc and plug into that one. Works fine ftom my Roku ultra to Sony tv via that connection.  I think ARC is what provides CEC which is how non Roku tv volume works from app remote.  

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 10.0.0 build 4195
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos
Robert1021
Level 7

Agreed - the Roku app for I phone does NOT control volume up or down, which does make the app kinda useless as far as that goes.  

0 Kudos