Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alphamoon

Connecting to The Roku App when I only have hotspot on my phone

Jump to solution

So I use my tv with my hotspot on my phone, and it works pretty well but it won't let me connect my phone to the tv with the app cause technically they arnt on the same network, and I tried putting in the iP code and it didn't work

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting to The Roku App when I only have hotspot on my phone

Jump to solution

@Alphamoon

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that both the mobile device and the Roku device/TV need to be on the same wireless network for the Roku device to function properly.

For more information about the Roku mobile app, please visit our Support page here: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Alphamoon

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that both the mobile device and the Roku device/TV need to be on the same wireless network for the Roku device to function properly.

For more information about the Roku mobile app, please visit our Support page here: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kiskis

Jump to solution

It Doesn't help. I use my Hotspot to use my TV and there's not a way to connect my own Hotspot to my phone

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Was anyone able to suggest a fix??

0 Kudos