Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cannot login to app

Jump to solution
Removed the app, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app. Tried a log in twice - no luck. Got the same message as before.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am new and had the same issue.  I have an iPhone 8 plus with the latest OS and an iPad Pro latest OS.  The problem occurred on both.

I use a password manager and I allowed it to create my Roku account password and it logs into the web site fine.  I tried using the password manager to log into the App and also tried to type it in manually. I removed the APP and put it back.  Everything failed.

Here is what worked for me.  I changed my password using the website to a very simple password.  ( Stupid idea I know ) but it worked.

I'm going to guess the App has issues with very complex passwords. 

Hope this helps someone else.

Rob

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

If anyone is still encountering this issue, please make sure to remove the app, restart your phone, then add it back once more. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reply with:

- Your phone's make/model

- The version of iOS or Android that you are currently running 

- The specific version of the Roku mobile app that you have installed 

- Any error message that you see, including a screenshot if possible 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks, Rob, that’s the deal. There’s no need for any reinstalls. The app doesn’t accept any special characters for a password, while the web site does. So the solution is to change your password so that it only contains letters and numbers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the observations here. I will pass this feedback along to our team to investigate.

In the meantime, try removing any special characters from your password, then try logging into the app again. Let us know if that helps resolve the issue for you. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! 

Quick update to share. We've released a new version of the iOS app that should help address this issue. Please make sure to update the Roku mobile app and let us know if you're still running into this behavior. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerDI have followed all steps in this thread with no luck,  

I am unable to log into my Roku account on the iOS app.

- did the uninstall, powercycle, reinstall multiple times

-I have a basic password and have verified it is working via the website

I have tried several other things and nothing is working

iphone XR 

iOS version 13.4.1 (I also tried on iOS 13.4 with the same error)

Roku app version is 6.3.1

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am still experiencing this issue and am not pleased as this is my first roku product. I  have this issue on android samsung a5 2017

0 Kudos