Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrickyZ
Reel Rookie

Cannot login to Roku Mobile App

Jump to solution

The iOS app won't let me log in at all.  Here's what I've tried...

logs in fine from browser

Changed password using browser (simple password, no special characters)

updated iOS (iPhone 11 Pro Max)

closed all open apps

restarted phone

deleted app

downloaded and reinstalled app

tried to create a new account with same e-mail address (naturally this failed, as it should)

My Roku remote stopped working, so fired up the app to use its remote ability, but this issue is getting on my last nerve!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku app won't login even after trouble shooting.

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. 

However, if you are still experiencing this issue can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku mobile app version
-mobile device brand, model, and OS
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have more information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Cannot login to mobile app, no problem on browser or roku devicem. On browser

Jump to solution

I have done everything I've seen to do so far and still not working.. 

However I'm using a galaxy s10 lite, android version 12, roku app version 8.3.0.1044963, and this is the error that I'm receiving  when attempting to log in. Screenshot_20220612-065206_Photos.jpg

Please if you have a solution  that hasn't already been stated, please get back to me.. I'm Ready to try anything 

sknielson

Re: Cannot login to app still

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I’m having issues logging in to the mobile app. I’m using the same email and password that I login to on the website but I keep getting an error. I’ve tried deleting the app and restarting my device and reinstalling the app and I’m still getting the error. My device is a 5th generation iPad, software version 15.5 (just updated yesterday). The app version is 8.3.1

0 Kudos
Vhemt_2000

Re: Cannot login to app also

Jump to solution

Yup, I also can not log in on the app. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple  times. Even changed my password. There really is no customer support here.

0 Kudos
Mlee0944
Reel Rookie

Roku app won't login even after trouble shooting.

Jump to solution

I am trying to log into my Roku account in the app, but it tells me my email or password does not match their records. I use the same login information for the website with no problem. I've already uninsured and reinstalled thr roku app, updated my phone, restarted my device, reset my password, but to no avail nothing resolves the issue. How can I resolve this so I can log into my account roku app? Thank you in advance for your help.

CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So I take your speaking about the Roku Remote Control app for iOS and Android correct? If that is what you are speaking of I just log out of the Roku Remote Control app in my iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.5 and received  a "unable to sign in" message. It is probably just a temporary hiccup. It should be resolved in a few hours or so. 

0 Kudos
Mlee0944
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I it's the remote roku app for android. Thank you for your reply. Perhaps it is just a hiccup. Seems like the only explanation that makes sense. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Are you all getting the error message "The email address or password provided does not match our records" even if you've made sure that it's correct? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D  Yes...........Several threads ongoing about this issue

cwr_media

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as the others. I can log onto my Roku account via a web browser but I am unable to log into my Roku account using the the mobile app. I get the same error message the other posters have listed. Yes, I am very careful entering my email and password and there are no mistakes there. I keep getting that same error message

0 Kudos