Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Preet
Level 7

Cannot log into Roku Android application

Hello,
Today I received my Roku Premiere and I've been setting it up but I can't log into my Roku account in the Roku application to activate my device and use the Remote.
I've imported it from USA to India. Roku app is not available on Indian playstore so I downloaded an apk from a trusted source.
Also there's an issue with the streaming player or my Sony Television I guess. After connecting the streaming player to the WiFi, it shows a black screen and gives an error "Unsupported signal, please check output device". Tried the 2 HDMI outputs but no luck. I have seen similar topics on Roku forum but they're outdated. Whilst creating my Roku account, I wasn't using a VPN.
tl;dr
1) Cannot log into my Roku account, as soon as I click on the login button, it says: "Something went wrong, please try again"
2) Black screen with the message "unsupported signal, please check output device"

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Cannot log into Roku Android application

Yeah, I don't think you're going to find any help here. Everything you are trying to accomplish is not supported.
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

You don't need the Android application at all for using a Roku.  It is optional.  Side-loading the APK is not really supported by Roku.

You will need to have a Roku account to complete the Roku setup but you don't need the Android application for that.  Instead, you can create the Roku account just using a web browser.

Lastly, when you say that you got the streaming player connected to Wifi, are you indicating that there was a short time period that it was displaying to the TV?  If that is the case, you may want to try doing a factor reset and see if that resolves your black screen issue:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757 ... ng-device-
0 Kudos
Preet
Level 7

"scottypie1234" wrote:
Yeah, I don't think you're going to find any help here. Everything you are trying to accomplish is not supported.

It actually got fixed all of the sudden.
Here's what I did: Changed the ports again with power on this time and it automatically detected and it worked. The application worked after that as well.
0 Kudos