Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cloud210
Level 7

Can’t connect Roku App to device (Roku Stick+)

I haven’t been able to connect the Roku app from my iPhone after the update to iOS14. I checked everything already. Everything is authorized, I rebooted everything multiple times and it just doesn’t show up in the devices available. The problem started when I updated my iPhone, I never ever had any problem before. I know it’s a problem with my Roku Stick+ because I also have a Roku 3 and it works no problem.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
DocMill
Level 7

Re: Can’t connect Roku App to device (Roku Stick+)

Same problem here. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@cloud210 @DocMill 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
-mobile app version
-mobile device model and OS version

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Acarter20
Level 7

I can’t connect mine either but I can provide all of this information.

0 Kudos
Cameron123
Level 7

I right now am also having this problem. My Roku remote won’t work, I’ve done all you can possibly do. So now I’ve downloaded the Roku app and every time I click devices the whole app freezes.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I just checked the Roku app on my iPhone XR (running iOS 14.4) and connected to my Ultra 4800 without an issue. It also showed every Roku on my network as available. Some of the Rokus are hard wired, and some are connected to WiFi. My phone is connected to one of my 5 GHz access points, the Ultra 4670 is connected to the same access point and radio, and the Insignia TV is connected to a different access point on the 2.4 GHz radio. Everything is visible and available to be connected. Most likely if the app can't connect to your Roku, there's a networking issue involved. Make sure that both devices (phone and Roku) are connected to the same network, and there's no security setting in your wireless that blocks WiFi connected devices from viewing each other. If you are using a "guest" network, that security setting is likely enabled, and will stop the app from seeing and connecting to your Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos