Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_C_cruz
Level 7

Can't access premium channels on mobile app

Because of the HBO MAX fiasco, I installed the Roku channel on my iOS devices to stream HBO. I discovered that none of my premium services (also includes Showtime) will allow me to watch paid content outside of device ecosystem - all lock me out with message that I'm not subscribed. I also get the same message on rokuchannel.com on PC, but my three Roku devices work just fine. Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Can't access premium channels on mobile app

Each Premium subscription comes with a finite amount of devices usually 3.

So watch one of the Roku's.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
A_C_cruz
Level 7

Re: Can't access premium channels on mobile app

Thanks. Roku directed me to Showtime; their website says limit of 5 devices. So, with no access to real help, I've reached a dead end. This is way too much BS to deal with for access to channels I barely watch - good reason to dump all premium channels and subscribe through provider at some point in the future if I want it back. I can't imagine that the standoff between HBO/ATT and Roku could last forever. It's really too bad - in the five or so years I've used Roku, it's been pretty painless. I didn't understand until now the limitations on premium services one must accept for the convenience of subscribing through their portal.
0 Kudos