Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BossQuilter
Level 7

Can not get Android Tablet to play anything

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku connected to an older TV... The Tv and Roku work fine... I want to be able to watch Roku on an android tablet. 

I downloaded the mobile app for android, can see my Roku device (named Studio), connects to it I think, I see the channels and when I choose something to watch it asks where to watch, Studio or mobile. When I select mobile the screen changes and then nothing on the tablet. The TV however changes to that channel and plays the selection.

What have I done wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can not get Android Tablet to play anything

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

You cannot view all your streaming channels from your Roku device using the Roku Mobile app. Your Roku device can stream to a connected TV. The only service available to stream inside the Roku Mobile app is 'The Roku Channel', which offers both free and premium subscription content. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012374788-what-is-the-roku-channel-

If you are trying to stream another channel/service that you use on a Roku device, you'll likely need to download the individual mobile app for that channel/service, and either log in with your account, or authenticate with your TV provider credentials. 

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can not get Android Tablet to play anything

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

You cannot view all your streaming channels from your Roku device using the Roku Mobile app. Your Roku device can stream to a connected TV. The only service available to stream inside the Roku Mobile app is 'The Roku Channel', which offers both free and premium subscription content. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012374788-what-is-the-roku-channel-

If you are trying to stream another channel/service that you use on a Roku device, you'll likely need to download the individual mobile app for that channel/service, and either log in with your account, or authenticate with your TV provider credentials. 

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos