Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thesuzannester
Level 7

Can I connect to an iPad?

I just bought my niece a Roku express. I also bought her a special cable to connect the Roku HDMI cord to her iPad. Can she use the Roku on her iPad only? Or does she need a tv or laptop? I tried to set it up on the iPad but couldn’t get it to work. I hope someone can help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Can I connect to an iPad?

I believe the adapter you bought is meant to allow the ipad to output to a TV.  Likewise even laptops with HDMI connectors are almost always exclusively for outputting to a TV, not for having the laptop be a TV.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can I connect to an iPad?

@Thesuzannester 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku devices are not for iPads, but rather TVs. The only functionality you will be able to have on an iPad with Roku is using the Roku mobile app to either 1) control your Roku device - thats connected to a TV,  or 2) view and watch The Roku Channel.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: How do I install The Roku® Channel mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos