Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turtlejay
Level 7

Awful app issue

I have multiple Rokus throughout the house.Some are TVs, some are boxes. Every single time I open the Roku app (android) it tries to connect to the last connected device. Since it's usually a TV I was connected to, obviously it won't find it if it's turned off. Eventually it times out and doesnt find anything, and it puts me in this never ending cycle of error. I restart the app, sometimes it just shows a list of Rokus and we are in business, sometimes it doesnt. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason for it to work or not. Anyone else experience this? Is there anyway to stop it from trying to reconnect?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Awful app issue

Change the Roku TV's power settings to enable Fast Start.. this might help with the long pause it detecting the tv.

How do I enable Fast TV Start?
You can enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku TV remote.
Scroll up or down and select Settings.
Select System, followed by Power.
Select Fast TV Start.
Check the box to enable Fast TV Start.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
turtlejay
Level 7

Thank you for the quick reply. I have tried that to no avail. Plus, leaving the 4k TVs on fast start is a futile effort for me because any content played at 4k over hdmi requires a restart from the system menu to avoid screen flashing artifacts, an issue that took me awhile to get an answer for and one that hasnt been addressed with any software update. The app issue I hope will be because to me its kinda an extra thing that really isnt necessary.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 7

I believe there's many good reasons Roku is transforming itself towards services and away from hardware.  So how much more time, effort, and now COAL (must leave everything running) is Roku designed to consume?  This platform is going nowhere fast!
0 Kudos