Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beverly-3
Channel Surfer

As of 7/9/2021 Fast forward and rewind doesn't work on HULU.

Jump to solution

On 7/9/2021 ROKU not allowing for fast forward/rewind in HULU. It has never done this before. I pay for no commercials. I should be able to do this. 

I am paying an extra fee to HULU for this and ROKU should not be controlling this. I will definitely start looking for something else ASAP. This is ridiculous. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: As of 7/9/2021 Fast forward and rewind doesn't work on HULU.

Jump to solution

Roku is not controlling anything. Hulu is responsible for the functionality of their channel. I believe they released a new version a day or two ago, so that was likely something they changed, intentionally or accidentally, we can't say.

You need to contact Hulu support and let them know they broke something. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

Ootlayorhay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was looking for Hulu and ended up here without realizing I was on the Roku community.  Just went to the Hulu community and someone said they had contacted chat support that said they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
Ootlayorhay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine just started doing this, too.  It keeps telling me I can rewind and fast forward "after the break".  What break?  I pay for no ads.

atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku is not controlling anything. Hulu is responsible for the functionality of their channel. I believe they released a new version a day or two ago, so that was likely something they changed, intentionally or accidentally, we can't say.

You need to contact Hulu support and let them know they broke something. 

Dan

Ootlayorhay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was looking for Hulu and ended up here without realizing I was on the Roku community.  Just went to the Hulu community and someone said they had contacted chat support that said they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

Virwin

Re: HDCP error and now Streaming Stick+ not working

Jump to solution

#Why does the rewind or fast forward option not work on Hulu anymore? It gives an error reading "You can rewind or fast forward after the break".. is very frustrating..

smlprez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this same issue ... Started about 2AM.  It's doing this on 2 of the 3 Roku TV's ... the one that is working has a different remote.  I 

I have this same issue ... Started about 2AM.  It's doing this on 2 of the 3 Roku TV's ... the one that is working has a different remote.  I

@Beverly-3 wrote:

On 7/9/2021 ROKU not allowing for fast forward/rewind in HULU. It has never done this before. I pay for no commercials. I should be able to do this. 

I am paying an extra fee to HULU for this and ROKU should not be controlling this. I will definitely start looking for something else ASAP. This is ridiculous. 

s there a fix?  I tried rebooting, removing batteries, resetting.  It's obviously not a hardware issue or it wouldn't be happening on multiple TVs.

@Beverly-3 wrote:

s there a fix?  I tried rebooting, removing batteries, resetting.  It's obviously not a hardware issue or it wouldn't be happening on multiple TVs

0 Kudos
smlprez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If it were Hulu, the same issue would happened on all TVs and mobile apps but it's not.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@smlprez wrote:

If it were Hulu, the same issue would happened on all TVs and mobile apps but it's not.

Except it is Hulu - Hulu caused with the latest app update (6.45.1) and will be Hulu fixed when they issue another update.

You need to contact Hulu support about the issue (they'll likely credit your account).

atc98092

Jump to solution

@smlprez wrote:

The Hulu app on your phone, TV or computer is not the same app as the channel on a Roku device. Different programming languages, different code, likely even different developers. It's a Hulu problem, not Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @smlprez

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. If the issue only occurs on Hulu, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Hulu support to report the issue and get help.

You can contact them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos