Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apremierdj
Channel Surfer

Apple watch - select device to control

While using the Roku Apple Watch app, I cannot figure out how to select which device I want to control (I have 4 Roku TVs)

Apple Watch seems to only control the device that is “Selected” within the iPhone App and unable to selecte directly on Apple Watch

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Apple watch - select device to control

You'll need to address usage issues with Apple products to Apple:

https://support.apple.com/

0 Kudos
apremierdj
Channel Surfer

This is directly related to the Roku App on the Apple Watch and its functionality. There is no way to choose which device to control within the Apple Watch Roku App.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Can the iPhone app see all the Roku devices?

Did the AW app ever see the other devices?

Its the same app version (7.7.4) for both devices.

This may simply be a limitation of the watchOS version vs the iOS version, or due to the communications between the watch and phone.

You can contact Roku directly (though I also heavily recommend you contact Apple too):

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/roku tv/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
apremierdj
Channel Surfer

Again this is App specific. Nothing to do with apple! There is just no functionality to choose a device in the watch app. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, iPhone can see everything and I can switch between devices on iphone.
Apple watch will switch devices BUT, this is only achieved by switching the connected device from the iphone. Then, the apple watch will reflect what device it is ready to control.

Yes, same version

0 Kudos