Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pfxk
Level 7

Apple Watch App

I cannot get the Roku Apple Watch app to synchronize with my Apple Watch.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkLBoston
Level 7

Re: Apple Watch App

Same here.  I have the Roku iOS app on my iPhone 11, v.6.1.3.13, and it is connected successfully to my Roku Player.  The app showed up automatically on my series 3 Apple Watch, but it only displays the message: "Error Please connect phone to a Roku device."  The phone is connected and working.  I don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Just a guess, but it's possible the Roku app isn't compatible with the Apple Watch. That's a really tiny screen to try to use as a remote. And if you're expecting to be able to watch a video on your phone from the Roku, that's not what the app can do. It is not a remote viewing app. It offers control of an individual Roku device, and some account functions. 

EDIT: OK, I see they do have a specific app for the phone. So ignore that part of my response. 

Is your phone connected to the same network that the Roku is on? The app does not work unless the iOS device is connected to the same network, and there's no setting in the router that is blocking wirelessly connected devices from seeing each other or anything else on the network.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
MarkLBoston
Level 7

@atc98092 wrote:

Is your phone connected to the same network that the Roku is on? The app does not work unless the iOS device is connected to the same network, and there's no setting in the router that is blocking wirelessly connected devices from seeing each other or anything else on the network.

The Roku is connected by ethernet, and the iPhone app works just fine. But your reply gave me a clue, to check the wifi network the watch was using. I don’t think I’d ever set that up...I just used bluetooth with the phone for internet. So I set it up to connect to the same network as the phone, and now the watch is a wearable Roku remote.  Thanks for the tip.