Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

App says device not found at IP address and I cannot connect. Help!

Here's the issue - when I unplug/plug in the Roku, it finds it. But the second I leave the "service area" and come back, the app on my phone will not connect, no matter what I do. I've verified that they are on the same network. I've tried to manually enter the IP address. I've restarted my phone. 

None of it works. And it's insanely annoying to have to reboot the Roku device every time I come downstairs and try to use it. 

What could possibly be causing this and how can it be fixed? 

For what it's worth - this issue didn't start until I switched from Wow To Spectrum as our internet sp. So I'm guessing that has something to do with it. And of it helps, I'm on a Pixel 4, and the router is an Ubee. 

Any thoughts? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: App says device not found at IP address and I cannot connect. Help!

@EMR76 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-mobile device brand and model
-OS of mobile device

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Level 7

Am having the same issue. I cannot connect or see Roku devices from the app. Attempting to enter IP address manually doesn’t work. All network connections appear correctly and all are connected on same network. 

ive reset the connections to network on all devices and done everything but a factory reset on the device. The app has become garbage with an upgrade to either the device, apple, or the app. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks Danny. Here's the info: 

-Roku device model: 3930 X - Roku Express

-serial number: X004003RSP2H

-device ID: S008306RSP2H

-software OS/version: 9.4.0 * build 4190-AE

-mobile device brand and model: Google Pixel 4

-OS of mobile device: Android 11 

0 Kudos