Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elbow
Channel Surfer

Re: App not available

Jump to solution

I have not found a solution.  Roku clearly isn't going to do anything about it (even though it is so easy).

0 Kudos
wicked76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Very strange. I don't see a rationale behind it. Licensing restrictions are driven by the individual streaming providers. So what is the point of placing a geographical restriction on a Remote App...

0 Kudos
wicked76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have submitted a feature/change request to have country restrictions removed from the App. To everybody interested in having this resolved - please do the same, so we might get the unlock quicker.

Jjkhan

App not available in Pakistan

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Danny you robotic, unhelpful redundancy!

It seems from your irrelevant answers that Roku is just as concerned about their quality of customer service as it on top of getting its act together in the global markets.

Fire tv had the same rough start and today they are accessible for free across the globe.

Seriously Roku! If you can’t even provide the most basic services needed to run your needlessly complicated streaming devices, then have some grace and do not allow for account registrations from countries beyond your operational sphere.

As Lincoln once said,

”Clip Cords, not Pockets!”

Cheers!

-Disappointed new user from Lahore, Pakistan

p.s. Love the airplay compatibility for my Mac btw. Thanks for that! 

0 Kudos
wicked76
Reel Rookie

Re: App not available in Pakistan

Jump to solution

+1 disappointed user from Switzerland.

Not using Roku anymore because of this - switched to Amazon Fire TV - sad....

0 Kudos