Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

App keyboard doesn't work in "Prime Video" search

Jump to solution

Using current version of either iPad or Android Roku app, the app keyboard doesn't work in Amazon Prime Video's "search" function. The app's keyboard works in all other channels and in the Roku's own dialogs, and all the other functions of the app work correctly with Prime Video. This is a pretty selective failure!

I'm using a Roku Premier 4620RW with software v. 9.2.0 build 4750-29.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: App keyboard doesn't work in "Prime Video" search

Jump to solution

@RBob  Thanks for the note here. Channel developers have the option to choose whether or not to implement and support mobile app keyboard text entry within their channels. If a channel chooses not to implement this feature, it may not be available. I would recommend following up with Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further and share your interest in seeing this feature within their channel (app) on the Roku platform. You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

ios roku app keyboard not working on fandango now app

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use the keyboard from the  roku ios app  on the fandango now app. the remote section works fine and will let me open apps and control the remote like normal. when i click sign in on the fandango now app, it asks for email. when i click the keyboard and try to type it shows on the app, but not on the tv screen. its weird because it lets me type in my other apps like netflix, hulu, vudu, redbox. It would be a lot easier and faster than have to scroll   across to each individual character. So does anyone know why it's doing this and how to get it to type from the app? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: ios roku app keyboard not working on fandango now app

Jump to solution

Fandango is a Premium paid for Channel you should contact them.

Or just use the voice control.

Otherwise you can use your remote.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What do u mean it’s a premium paid for channel? With that channel u don’t need a paid subscription to use it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

You need to have some sort of Cable service which you pay for and then they pay Fandango.

Its not really Free as in Freedom. 

Anyway you'll only need to sign in once Why dont you just use the onscreen keyboard

and manipulate through it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think you’re talking about something different. With the fandango now app on roku, u can just go in and rent movies like in Vudu. And the regular fandango app is where u see current movies playing in theaters.

0 Kudos
Level 16

Jump to solution

At any rate,

Why dont you just use the onscreen keyboard

and manipulate through it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem regardless of the channel I’m trying to use. I get to a text field and try to use the keyboard and it doesn’t show on the tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: App keyboard doesn't work in "Prime Video" search

Jump to solution

@RBob  Thanks for the note here. Channel developers have the option to choose whether or not to implement and support mobile app keyboard text entry within their channels. If a channel chooses not to implement this feature, it may not be available. I would recommend following up with Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further and share your interest in seeing this feature within their channel (app) on the Roku platform. You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Keyboard doesn’t work for search

Jump to solution

My issue seems related to a few other issues that have been mentioned recently about the keyboard not working for various channels. When I open the search feature in the Roku app, I cannot enter search terms with the keyboard. Words appear in the text box, but no movies are ever found. However, voice search works just fine and returns search results. Is there a broader problem with the app keyboard?

0 Kudos