Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBob
Level 7

App keyboard doesn't work in "Prime Video" search

Jump to solution

Using current version of either iPad or Android Roku app, the app keyboard doesn't work in Amazon Prime Video's "search" function. The app's keyboard works in all other channels and in the Roku's own dialogs, and all the other functions of the app work correctly with Prime Video. This is a pretty selective failure!

I'm using a Roku Premier 4620RW with software v. 9.2.0 build 4750-29.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: App keyboard doesn't work in "Prime Video" search

Jump to solution

@RBob  Thanks for the note here. Channel developers have the option to choose whether or not to implement and support mobile app keyboard text entry within their channels. If a channel chooses not to implement this feature, it may not be available. I would recommend following up with Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further and share your interest in seeing this feature within their channel (app) on the Roku platform. You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: App keyboard doesn't work in "Prime Video" search

Jump to solution

@RBob  Thanks for the note here. Channel developers have the option to choose whether or not to implement and support mobile app keyboard text entry within their channels. If a channel chooses not to implement this feature, it may not be available. I would recommend following up with Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further and share your interest in seeing this feature within their channel (app) on the Roku platform. You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos