Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faith
Level 7

App keeps crashing

My Roku app on my iPhone just started to crash it was working earlier but now when I open the app it closes the app

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: App keeps crashing

Thanks for the note here. Have you tried removing the app, restarting your phone, then adding the app back once more? 

Please keep us posted. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please provide more specifics including the exact model of iPhone/iPad you are using, the version of iOS that is installed, and the version of the Roku mobile app you have installed. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Faith
Level 7

Yes I have done that I tried 5 times and I even thought it was my phone so I restored my phone and it still doesn’t work I have an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 13 and the roku app was up to date since my apps update automatically
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is this issue still occurring for you, or were you able to resolve the issue? 

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Entaum
Level 7

I have the same issue. If you log on, the app crashes immediately after opening it.
0 Kudos
Gabbyh24
Level 7

Mine has begun to do the same thing. I have an iPhone XR, iOS 13.2.2, version of Roku 6.1.3. Every time I open the app, it closes. I’ve deleted it and restarted my phone but it doesn’t work. The minute I sign it when I delete it, it crashes again.
Entaum
Level 7

Same here. iOS 13.2.2. Crashes once you try to log in.
Deleting the app and reinstalling does not solve it. As soon as you try logging in it crashes again.
ThusFarJai
Level 7

Same issue on XR.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here.

Please provide the specific version of the Roku mobile app you have installed, along with the version of iOS that your phone is running, and the model of iOS device (if not already mentioned). We'd like to continue looking into these reports. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
ThusFarJai
Level 7

Roku App vs. 6.1.3

iOS 13.2.3
iPhone XR (NT302LL/A)
0 Kudos