Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsmyth
Level 7

App cannot find my activated/connected TV.

My TCL-ROKU TV has been registered and connected to my account online.

ROKU App cannot find my device to connect together. Both are on the same network.

I have restarted both devices. Factory reset the TV 2x’s and reloaded the app. Still not working.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: App cannot find my activated/connected TV.

Hi @jsmyth

Thanks for the post.

To resolve the issue you're running into, we suggest uninstalling the Roku app then install it back in. If still no dice, try the suggested troubleshooting steps in this link: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick007fishing
Level 7

Re: App cannot find my activated/connected TV.

I purchased two Premium channels and could not get them to activate. I have a Tcl roku tv and two rokus. The apps worked great on my Tcl but would not activate on the two rokus. I did a factory reset on both of them and made sure my Email address and the password was the same and wala they are working great. Roku sends you in your email an activation link which you have 30 minutes to click on it to confirm. The reset restores all your apps and checks to see if you have any premium channels and activates them the same time. The reset can be done in 20 mins or less

0 Kudos