Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kymegg
Level 7

Anytime I start a show the screen goes blank.

Anytime I start a show the screen goes blank. I hear the show but no picture at all but this only starts when the actual show starts otherwise everything looks and works as normal.   AND WHILE YOU'RE AT MAKE IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO TRY 10 TIMES TO POST!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Anytime I start a show the screen goes blank.

@Kymegg wrote:

Anytime I start a show the screen goes blank. I hear the show but no picture at all but this only starts when the actual show starts otherwise everything looks and works as normal.   AND WHILE YOU'RE AT MAKE IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO TRY 10 TIMES TO POST!!!!!

Not sure which mobile app (Android/iOS) you are using, but you might try:

1) Restart the phone - check

2) Clear The Roku Channel app cache/data - check

3) Uninstall the app, restart the phone, reinstall the app - check

And your complaint/criticism of the support board software/system is valid, as it has several points of failure requiring repeated posting at times (some of these are intentional to try and prevent spamming/spammers from posting).

You can try posting a specific complaint/criticism over in the "community discussions" forum, perhaps one of the Roku employees will respond.

0 Kudos