Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Android app with full screen remote?

I just got the new Roku app on my phone. Fugly. The remote is too small for me to use.

I tried another one from the google play store (no ads) but the remote was the same size. Small.

I'm using a cheap phone with only 8GB storage as a remote, so I just really want something simple. I don't have any other smartphone. I just need the remote, not all the other garbage that comes along for the ride.

Does anyone know of an app that has a larger remote? Or can I somehow get the old version back. If so how?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Android app with full screen remote?

I don't see an edit button.

This is what I did. I went to apkmirror.com. Found Roku apps, downloaded to my PC. Transferred to my android phone. File manage > roku apk > install.

Make sure your settings in android/google play has auto update disabled.

I picked version 5. I have an old phone. Now my roku navigation buttons are the regular size as before!!!! Whooohooo!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Android app with full screen remote?

If you click the 3 vertical dots to the right of your post, there's a dropdown menu and edit is available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos