Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianPCarr
Level 8

Android TV not supported if 'root' device, what Android TV's does Roku mobile app work on?

Jump to solution

The Roku mobile app installs fine on Android TV's, but when you try to play content (say free movie with ads), you can get an error of

Ineligible Device Connected

Playing content is not supported on rooted devices.  Please try a different device.

Can anyone let me know which devices it does support?
The Diyomate D905 is a very nice box, but not supported.  It is annoying to order a TV or box and then find out it is not supported.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianPCarr
Level 8

Re: Android TV not supported if 'root' device, what Android TV's does Roku mobile app work on?

Jump to solution

The Roku Mobile App for Android gives the same error for Tanix and X96Air boxes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
BrianPCarr
Level 8

Re: Android TV not supported if 'root' device, what Android TV's does Roku mobile app work on?

Jump to solution

The Roku Mobile App for Android gives the same error for Tanix and X96Air boxes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BrianPCarr
Level 8

Jump to solution

From what I have read it seems to be only the early major Android TV manufacturers of Nvidia, AirTV, Xiaomi, and Sony.  I would imagine that Samsung is certified but can't say for sure.

The key seems to be Google SafteyNet attestation and there is an app on Play Store which can tell you if the device is certified.

0 Kudos