Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pshoule
Level 7

Android App Keyboard and Cineplex Store not compatible

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

is it just me or is the keyboard on the android app useless with the Cineplex store channel? Yes, I can type in some 16 characters, and that is the first issue, but more importantly, none of the characters seem to "register" as no suggestion pop up and hitting "return" does nothing. 

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Simon

ps: I am using a Roku Ultra with the latest firmware

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Android App Keyboard and Cineplex Store not compatible

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here.

Not all channels support text input from the Roku mobile app—you may need to use your Roku remote in these instances.

If you are running into this behavior inside a channel, we recommend reaching out to the channel provider to share your feedback and interest in seeing their channel support this feature. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Android App Keyboard and Cineplex Store not compatible

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here.

Not all channels support text input from the Roku mobile app—you may need to use your Roku remote in these instances.

If you are running into this behavior inside a channel, we recommend reaching out to the channel provider to share your feedback and interest in seeing their channel support this feature. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos