Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil99

Activating private listening on my Roku App shuts down the app. Worked fine for months.

I have been using the private listening function of My ROKU app remote control for months with no problem. Private listening on my ROKU app worked fine with bluetooth listening on my hearing aids perfectly until today. Now, when I touch the HEADSET icon to activate it, the app JUST SHUTS down. Private listening JUST STOPPED WORKING. My internet is fine, I reinstalled ROKU remote app, restarted my ROKU Premier and reset my router wi-fi connection. Please help. 

Labels (2)
19 REPLIES 19
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Activating private listening on my Roku App shuts down the app. Worked fine for months.

You didnt mention restarting your phone.

I recommend:

1) Clearing the cache/data of the Roku Remote app in your phone.

2) Uninstall Roku Remote app.

3) Restart your phone.

4) Reinstall Roku Remote app.

0 Kudos
BVTizzle
Reel Rookie

Re: Activating private listening on my Roku App shuts down the app. Worked fine for months.

Having the same issue. Rebooting, uninstalling, clearing data/cache, etc. have not helped.

Mpidge2
Reel Rookie

I have done all the stuff in your last of fixes. Nothing helps

Kpossinger

I've done all listed above tried different android devices and even tried it on different Roku devices all with the same reboot of app. 

RearMisser
Reel Rookie

Yup, also having this issue. Worked fine yesterday. It seems like something on Roku's end based on the timing so we have to wait until they do something.

BVTizzle
Reel Rookie

It's certainly the app. There is a changelog for an update dated 7/23. I'm guessing my phone autoupdated to that version at some point yesterday afternoon/evening because it was working properly in the AM.

RearMisser
Reel Rookie

You could download an older version by downloading an APK. Here's a site I trust where you can download it. from https://roku.en.uptodown.com/android/download

Note that you're gonna have to uninstall your current version first and that it only works on Android.

Edit: I did it and it worked! Looks like it is a bug from the newer version.

0 Kudos
Mpidge2
Reel Rookie

I followed your link. It works perfect now. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

As has been stated, you can roll back the Roku Remote app for Android:

https://apkpure.com/roku-official-remote-control/com.roku.remote/versions

Be aware that not all versions may work with all devices, and that you'll want to disable Play Store auto-updates in general, or for the Roku Remote app, otherwise it will update to the latest version for your device again.

You should also contact Roku directly and report the crash bug with the latest Android version:

chat/email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus      (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)