Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmu
Streaming Star

Access to my stuff in android phone

Hello guys,

How do I access my content (movies, premium channels etc) on my phone? I click just about everywhere. At one point it says Roku Channel is not available in your area ( something like that). Or is it that I need the app instead of going to Roku website...?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Access to my stuff in android phone

@Gizmu wrote:

Hello guys,

How do I access my content (movies, premium channels etc) on my phone? I click just about everywhere. At one point it says Roku Channel is not available in your area ( something like that). Or is it that I need the app instead of going to Roku website...?

I think you're trying to view Roku streaming content on your phone instead of your TV.  Is that correct?

For mobile devices, you have several choices:

•  In the United States you can view The Roku Channel via a web browser on your phone.  Go to therokuchannel.com.

• The ROKU CHANNEL mobile app gives access to The Roku Channel for users located in the United States.

• The official ROKU app for mobile devices allows you to control your Roku from your phone, adds remote listening for most Roku devices, and permits you to stream content from The Roku Channel for users who can get The Roku Channel on their Roku device, i.e. Canada, the UK, and US.

In all cases any Roku Channel access on a mobile device will only stream actual Roku Channel content.  Roku does not have the rights to stream anything else you can see on your Roku device to your phone, including premium subscriptions you may have obtained through Roku.

Many channels have their own apps you can install to your mobile device which allow you to directly log into and view the channel

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Gizmu

Thanks for the post.

You can try downloading The Roku Channel mobile app to access your premium subscriptions on The Roku Channel. You can sign in through the app by following these steps:

1. Tap on The Roku Channel mobile app or Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap on the User icon in the top corner.
  3. Tap Sign in and enter your email address and password.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I stream Roku® subscriptions on my computer, mobile phone, or tablet?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Gizmu
Streaming Star

Thanks both of you guys! Im from San Juan PR and I think that might be the problem. We are part of US but sometimes we appear as overseas. I probably will try the app.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

But again, if you're trying to view something other than "The Roku Channel" on your Android phone, it won't work through your Roku player. If you have subscribed to something like Netflix or HBO Max, then you can find a dedicated app for your phone and watch it that way. But anything that you subscribe to through Roku can only be watched on a Roku device. The app on the phone does not give you any ability to watch content from the Roku device on the phone screen. I can't speak about the Android app, but on iOS, I can view any of the content from The Roku Channel on my phone. But I can't watch anything from any other channel installed on my Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Gizmu
Streaming Star

@atc98092 wrote:

But again, if you're trying to view something other than "The Roku Channel" on your Android phone, it won't work through your Roku player. If you have subscribed to something like Netflix or HBO Max, then you can find a dedicated app for your phone and watch it that way. But anything that you subscribe to through Roku can only be watched on a Roku device. The app on the phone does not give you any ability to watch content from the Roku device on the phone screen. I can't speak about the Android app, but on iOS, I can view any of the content from The Roku Channel on my phone. But I can't watch anything from any other channel installed on my Roku devices. 

Oh I see. I just wanted to see things that I have (my list?) Such as movies added to list, subscribed channels etc... Well I guess I'm not able.

0 Kudos
Gizmu
Streaming Star

@Gizmu wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

Oh I see. I just wanted to see things that I have (my list?) Such as movies added to list, subscribed channels etc... Well I guess I'm not able.

Woops I just found out where to click to see my stuff. Roku Experience > The Roku Channel. 

Sorry guys for the misunderstanding(?). Thanks great day everyone!

0 Kudos