Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jimk4
Level 7

upgrades

We recently received emails concerning our devices.  It stated that they were out of date and would not update after Nov. 15, and that some of our channels may not work.  We have 2 LT devices and 1 HD device. When I clicked on the button for upgrade information, all I saw was something about remotes and speakers.  There was nothing about an upgrade offer for my devices.  ANybody knkow whats going on here?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Harding
Level 7

Re: upgrades

You can add me to the list, I have the same issue.  Links in the email takes me to accessories, no Replacement Roku is listed.

Last week our Roku TV failed, and it cost more to fix than replace, now I’m out 3 Roku devices; I’m not buying another Roku TV, and 2 of my boxes will start failing as applications are updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dcc56
Level 7

I need to upgrade in order to access Apple TV + I didn’t find any device offers to upgrade.

I also didn’t find a way to email customer service about this question.
I own 2 streaming sticks 3500x but discovered I need 3800x or higher.

roku, please update your upgrade offers for your loyal customers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dcc56 

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. Upgrade offers are only offered when a Roku device will no longer receive software updates. The Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500) still receives Roku software updates, and would not be a device that qualifies for an upgrade offer at this time.

The availability of a channel on a particular Roku device model is at the discretion of the channel provider. Please feel free to reach out to them directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jimk4  @Harding Thanks for the note.

On your Roku device, go to Settings>System>About. Look for the email address that your device is linked to on this page. You'll want to make sure you are signing into the correct Roku account, in order to see and redeem your offer. 

If this is the same email address, and you don't see an offer, please send me a private message and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more help. 

Thanks!

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jimk4
Level 7

I checked my account and the email address was correct.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Harding
Level 7

Please note:  according to the Roku developers hardware list, Roku Streaming stick 3400X needs replacement at some point but the 3500X has 512KB RAM and should be able to run the new OS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
moneyease
Level 7

@RokuTannerD I have Roku stick Roku Streaming Stick (3400 series)  After a "factory reset" and now it never completes upgrade. It asks me below steps indefinitely

1. Select language
  2. Select wifi
  3. Download upgrade
  4. Reboot
  5. Repeat step 1-4 again

Can you help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@moneyease 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue.

Please be aware that the Roku Streaming Stick 3400 is an older device and will not be receiving the latest OS software update 9.2.

For more information about OS 9.2 visit our Support page here: Roku® OS software release notes

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
moneyease
Level 7

Hi @RokuDanny-R Thanks for replying. I tried all you asked for, Roku downloads the update 100% and then reboot again to start all over. My question is why attempt to upgrade? If the device is not supported, just let it work. Now my devices is completely useless. Can you give me a fix or RMA?

0 Kudos