Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
culeboards
Level 7

upgrade from Roku 2 HD to Premier?

Now that I'm home and watching way more TV & movies due to the coronavirus, I'm wondering whether there would be any benefit to upgrading to the Premier. 

Most grateful for your advice!

I do not have a 4k TV yet but likely will within 2 yrs.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: upgrade from Roku 2 HD to Premier?

The 2 XD, model # 3000, was released in July 2011. It is no longer supported by Roku, and many of the newest channels won't even install, let alone work. It supported nothing higher than 720p resolution, and is just flat out old and worn out. 

The latest model of the Premiere (3920) supports 4K/HDR10, has a significant increase in power and memory, works with all the latest and greatest channels (Disney+, Apple TV, CBS All Access, etc.). It comes with an IR remote but supports the enhanced voice remote if you'd like one. There's really no comparison between them. Even without currently having a 4K set, it's a worthwhile replacement. I use a Premiere as a replacement for the Stick I used to travel with, and have zero issues with it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
culeboards
Level 7

HD (3000X), not XD

0 Kudos
atc98092

Sorry, fat fingered the keyboard. But what I said was in reference to the 3000. 

Dan

0 Kudos
culeboards
Level 7

I guess all except for the 1080 part. 

Great, thank you!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Nope, the 3000 does not support 1080p. 720p is its highest resolution. The 3050 XD supports 1080p, but only at 24 or 30 Hz, not 60 like most sets do now. 

Dan

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@culeboards 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 HD (3000) is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos