Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

upgrade from Roku 1

Jump to solution

I saw an ad on my Roku TV to upgrade my very old Roku 1 but when I go to my account I don't see any option that still uses AV composit cables. Can I not use Roku on this TV anymore?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: upgrade from Roku 1

Jump to solution

@andyross Thanks for the reply. I have been having a hard time finding an Express +. I do however have an HDMI to composite adapter as I got one to use when the port went out on another TV until I could upgrade. I believe this will work perfectly as the setup in question is mainly for games but does double as a tv when the guest room is being used.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Yeah Roku 1's are dinosaurs now.

So I dont think you are using a Roku TV per se.

Amazon has different gizmo's to suit your needs.

You can get AV to HDMI convertors.

But its probably time you updated your TV.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

If you must use composite, there are 2 options:

Find a Roku Express+ model 3910 (the letters after the number don't mean anything important.) That was the last Roku with composite output.

Buy a current Roku, then also add in an HDMI to composite adapter. I have seen them at retail stores, or you can use something like this from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Supports-DVD-Black/dp/B06W9LQDBB

Depending on the TV, it may be better or even cheaper just to replace the TV with a newer one that supports HDMI.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@boogernose Thanks for the response and yes I do have a Roku tv in my bedroom the Roku 1 is on the TV in my game room for my older systems so I'm not going to update that tv until I absolutely have to for the nostalgic feel. The 1 is still working fine i just thought it was odd that the upgrade notice came on tge tv and not the 1 itself. Thank you again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@andyross Thanks for the reply. I have been having a hard time finding an Express +. I do however have an HDMI to composite adapter as I got one to use when the port went out on another TV until I could upgrade. I believe this will work perfectly as the setup in question is mainly for games but does double as a tv when the guest room is being used.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos