Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku 1 softwear still supported?

I have a roku 1 that I haven't used for a few years and just hooked up to a tv.  It finds my wireless network, local network and the internet and says it will search for latest softwear and install update. Now it' is in a never ending loop of doing this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: roku 1 softwear still supported?

I don't believe the Roku 1 or other ancient models are supported anymore. Even if it did work, many channels no longer support it, either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: roku 1 softwear still supported?

The Roku 1, model 2710, is amazingly still considered a supported device according to the Roku developer web site. Being released in Sept 2013, I didn't think it was still on the list, but it is. And by supported Roku means that it will still support the latest OS versions, but not that it can use some of the latest channels, such as Disney+. 

It's been disused for so long that it might need a factory reset to complete the updates. You also might try using an alternate Internet source, such as a phone hot spot, as that has resolved update problems for some users. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.