Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

power issue, adapter not working model 3710

All of a sudden after working fine for a year, my Roku model 3710 is telling me (big message taking over the TV screen) that there is insufficient power, that I can't use the power from the TV via USB, except I'm not. I am and have always used the Roku USB power adapter plugged into the wall. I tried using a Samsung power adapter I have, but same thing. It tells me to check go.roku.com/lowpower but the only suggestions there are to plug it into the wall. Duh!

So is this the box itself or what? If I have to buy a new box so be it, but I always wonder why they suddenly "die". Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: power issue, adapter not working model 3710

One thing that comes to mind is, assuming you're connecting via wifi as most of us are, the more interference on the wifi channel you're using the harder the Roku has to work and the more heat it will generate.  A neighbor starting up a new router or changing the channel he uses can affect your wifi situation.  See if changing the wifi channel used by your router alleviates the problem.

But electronics do sometimes die. Are you powering it (and the tv it's connected to) through a surge protector?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: power issue, adapter not working model 3710

Thanks for the reply. The I'm the only one on the wifi and I only use it for the Roku and my cellphone, and the power for the Roku box and TV is from a power strip plugged into the wall. It started recently when Sling wouldn't load past a logo, and but Roku channel would, and I don't subscribe to anything else, although I was able to see Hulu promos. Anyway, I'm heading over to Costco to get a new TV with built-in Roki (time to change out my 30yo Mitsubishi anyway), so I'll see if that makes a difference. Thank you!

0 Kudos