Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

my roku 2 keeps shutting down on youtube dontent

MY ROKU KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN WHENEVER I PULL UP YOUTUBE CONTENT.....I'VE TRIED EVERY POSSIBLE REMEDY....AND NOTHING WORKS.....AND THIS JUST STARTED A FEW DAYS AGO AND HAS NOT SUBSIDED......I HATE THIS BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND I HATE YOUR COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: my roku 2 keeps shutting down on youtube dontent

@bbbbmer 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku 2 model device are you using? There are different Roku 2 models. What is happening when you experiencing this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

My Roku has been shutting down also, for the past few days. I've tried everything. I pull up Youtube,

try going to a video, it seems to buffertwice then goes to the exact same campaign ad, where it 

freezes and bumps me out of app. some other apps go into continuous loop of same ad  over and over till I exit app. Other apps work fine. I have older Roku 2 XD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ricky30000000 

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. 

Here are the list of the devices that the Youtube channel supports: All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x).

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I am having the same problem with youtube not working since last week, I believe it started around 8/14/20.
Youtube will play the ad and then when the video starts, my roku restarts itself. I have replace my router,
reset the roku to factory setting multiple times and still the same thing happens, I an unable to watch youtube videos.

model 3050x-roku2 xd

sn 12a16h005021

software version 910.build 5006-2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a model 2100X SW ver. 3.1 build 1198 it used to work but is not streaming correctly. 

0 Kudos