Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmeives
Level 7

channel install failed

Jump to solution

i get "channel install failed" "could not add CRUSADE ChannelTV error.

I have a ROKU 2 XS, is it no longer supported?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: channel install failed

Jump to solution

Roku 2 XS (3100) is a second generation Roku (current models are 8th generation) and was released in Jul 2011.  Roku no longer supports this device nor provides updates for it.  It is underpowered by today's standards.  Many channels which require the capabilities of newer models will not run on it and cannot even be loaded on it.

I can't find any information on the Crusade Channel TV website to tell what Roku models they have written their channel app to be compatible with.  If Crusade Channel TV can't be installed on your 2 XS, odds are Crusade Channel TV doesn't support it.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku 2 XS (3100) is a second generation Roku (current models are 8th generation) and was released in Jul 2011.  Roku no longer supports this device nor provides updates for it.  It is underpowered by today's standards.  Many channels which require the capabilities of newer models will not run on it and cannot even be loaded on it.

I can't find any information on the Crusade Channel TV website to tell what Roku models they have written their channel app to be compatible with.  If Crusade Channel TV can't be installed on your 2 XS, odds are Crusade Channel TV doesn't support it.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mmeives 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, the Roku 2 XS is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mebuono
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, Danny

I have old models of Roku 2 (HD and HD) and I would like to know if there is any way to connect to DirectGo here in Brazil. 

I am able to watch only Netflix. I see now that you are officially here that DirectGo is available, however, the ~channel install failled~ appears when I try to add the channel to my Roku

Thanks for helping us

0 Kudos