Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

cannot Factory Reset Roku 4

Jump to solution

after I attempted a software update to 9.3, player got stuck on updating youtube. I pressed the home button and it got me to the home screen. after a restart, roku cannot get past welcome screen.

i tried a factory reset as per the roku instructions here

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

after 10 seconds of holding the reset button down, it does a slow 4-5 blinks, and goes back to the welcome screen and gets stuck there.

what to do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: cannot Factory Reset Roku 4

Jump to solution

Do you have an SD card installed? If so, try removing it. I had issues with mine until I removed it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

Do you have an SD card installed? If so, try removing it. I had issues with mine until I removed it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Andy.

solved the problem! thank you for the illogical solution.

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

The cards data probably became corrupted. I had removed mine for a similar issue. When I went to load YouTube recently, it complained I should use an SD card so it would not need to reload the channel.

I tried to put it back in, but it would freeze on 'Mounting SD Card'. I put the card in a PC, which couldn't read it (it's probably Linux efs format, not something Windows can read), but asked to format it. I let it do that, then put it back in the Roku 4. This time, it asked if I wanted to format it. I let it format (takes a long time for 32G), and it seemed to work. I'll see if it holds up over the next few days.

0 Kudos