Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube TV for Roku 1

I have a RokuSE and can not figure out how to add the YoutubeTV channel, please help! I've googled how to add the channel but when i search "Youtube TV" no results found and when i search "Youtube" only regular Youtube populates on the list. Please help!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Youtube TV for RokuSE

I'm not familiar with any model called the SE. Can you list the actual model number? There was a Roku SD (model N1050) way back in 2009. but that is no longer supported, and isn't capable of installing/using the newer channels, such as YouTubeTV. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The model number is 2710X

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Per Wikipedia, the SE (2710) was a 2013 unit, basically an LT with support for 1080p resolution added.  It is slow and underpowered by today's standards.

Some channel apps, written after these older slower units were replaced with more capable ones, will not run on the older units.  In most cases they will not even load on the older units and may not even show up in the Streaming channel search on them.   As a quick check, if Netflix does not offer you a choice of which Netflix channel to use, you have an older unit that will not run some of the newer channel offerings.

Youtube TV, being a relatively recent addition, probably falls in this category.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@tanyallen wrote:

The model number is 2710X

Ah, found it. It was also called the Roku 1. As mentioned, that player was released Sept 2013. It is considered a legacy player, and no longer supported by Roku. And that is likely why YouTube TV isn't available on it. Unfortunately, it's time for an upgrade. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos