Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XR Not Running Netflix or Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

Since this product electronically works but is no longer supported (bummer) could Tanner or someone please send me the upgrade options that Roku is offering?  I thought this unit would last longer but If I have to get another please reach out and let me know or I will switch to another device.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: XR Not Running Netflix or Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

The HD-XR (N1101) was released in Oct 2009, so it's over ten years old. For a device like this, you got a great life out of it. Smiley Happy

Please send a PM to either Tanner or Danny with your device serial number. They won't discuss any upgrade options in the forum itself.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you I will try that.   Thanks for responding.  Have a great New Year

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@russncarrie 

As @atc98092 mentioned, please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address along with the serial number of your Roku device.

I will be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Have to upgrade unit to new style.  The old one is junk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@hankmoody wrote:

Not worth it. They offer a discount on their webshop where the discounted prices are as the same as the eBay prices. Once your hardware is outdated it's a useless piece of toxic waste. Right on.

Your opinion

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

15 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

The HD-XR (N1101) was released in Oct 2009, so it's over ten years old. For a device like this, you got a great life out of it. Smiley Happy

Please send a PM to either Tanner or Danny with your device serial number. They won't discuss any upgrade options in the forum itself.

Dan

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you I will try that.   Thanks for responding.  Have a great New Year

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Was out of town when the XR unit I have was phased out. Now when I turn it on and activate, it says an upgrade for 50% off the Roku express is available, but nowhere on the website does it show, and the web address given roku.com/upgrade doesn't show the special offer for older units. Who do I email about this? I miss my Roku!

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@russncarrie wrote:

I have the same issue. Was out of town when the XR unit I have was phased out. Now when I turn it on and activate, it says an upgrade for 50% off the Roku express is available, but nowhere on the website does it show, and the web address given roku.com/upgrade doesn't show the special offer for older units. Who do I email about this? I miss my Roku!

Thanks! 

Those upgrade offers were time limited. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD with your model and serial number and they can see if they can work something out for you. 

Dan
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@russncarrie 

As @atc98092 mentioned, please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address along with the serial number of your Roku device.

I will be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Please see emails above for solution.  And I suspect 50% is only on certain models NOT all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Danny! I just sent a message to one of the others who responded. Hopefully I can get a replacement and get back to streaming on Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R   i can't pm you from my phone. I have the same problem. Can you dm me pretty please

H

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Have to upgrade unit to new style.  The old one is junk

0 Kudos