Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchmom305

Re: TCL Roku TV overheating message

Jump to solution

We’ve had out TCL 55 inch Tv for a little over a month, and I am getting the overheating message when watching Apple TV. We also have 2, 32 inch TCL TV’s and have never seen this message before. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @bchmom305

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. Does the overheating message only show up when watching Apple TV? Have you checked if it appears when accessing other channels?

If by chance the issue only occurs on one app, removing then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. It doesn’t happen all the time but when it does it’s constant. I've had the TV since June and it’s being doing it since July. I need to fix it! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LaceyButtitta,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. You can locate their support contact information here

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bobcat06
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have a 65 inch tcl Roku TV and have never had this issue.  However, I don’t allow the TV internet access at all.  I have it boot each time to HDMI 1 where I have a Roku stick 4K inserted, that works using a Roku voice remote that controls the TV and that Roku.  We rarely have any issues using the TV this way.

As a side note, a friend of mine was having a lot of issues with an insignia Roku TV and I helped him reset his TV back to factory settings, and then boot directly to a standalone Roku the way that I do.  I think it’s prolonged him from buying a new TV as he was getting to the point of buying a new TV set because his TV before was giving issues.  This was a year or 2 ago.  He still has that TV.

0 Kudos
Jeff73

Re: Why is my TCL Roku TV overheating?

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem, it only happens when watching a program broadcast in 4K. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Why is my TCL Roku TV overheating?

Jump to solution

Hi @Jeff73

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Are you experiencing the issue on a Roku TV or Roku player? Does the issue only occur on 4K programs within a specific channel or regardless of the app? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Trinitii30

Jump to solution

My TV only does this while watching Appletv. No other app does this.  The TV is not hot or making noises. As soon as I stop watching Apple TV no more problems. Why's this happening?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Trinitii30

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos