Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhs00100
Level 7

Upgrade

I have a Proscan TV a purple roku stick came with it. I purchased in the earlier 2015 or so. I want to upgrade to something more updated.  I have model # 3400 -Roku Stick

Serial # 1EH43R068455.

Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Upgrade

@rhs00100 wrote:

I have a Proscan TV a purple roku stick came with it. I purchased in the earlier 2015 or so. I want to upgrade to something more updated.  I have model # 3400 -Roku Stick

Serial # 1EH43R068455.

Do you have any suggestions?

The model 3400 is MHL, not HDMI. Although they look identical. There's no MHL devices available anymore, as that seems to have faded away. If the TV has an empty HDMI port, you could connect any Roku player to it. But there's nothing that can replace the 3400 and work through the TV remote like it does. If there's no port other than the MHL port used by the 3400, then there's nothing that can replace it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rhs00100 

Thanks for the note.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3400. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Per the site below, when not connecting an MHL-enabled device (like your old purple stick) to your tv's MHL port, you can still plug in a regular HDMI device. The non-MHL device will not be able to draw power from the port so you'll have to power it separately via its power cord and adaptor.

Ref: https://www.lifewire.com/mhl-in-home-theater-1846852

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
atc98092

I recognize that site is saying you can use the MHL port as a standard HDMI port, but I've also heard the opposite, so I merely advise proceeding with caution. And you are correct that it won't power any other device connected to the port, such as a Roku Stick.

I do find it interesting that they state that MHL is still a going concern, with a new version supporting 8K available. I wasn't aware of any MHL devices even still being available, and certainly haven't heard of any TVs with supporting ports. Smiley Happy

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos