Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sollas
Level 7

Upgrade offer

I did not get an email regarding upgrade offers since my streaming stick will no longer be upgraded (model #3400x) and there is no contact information listed on the website. Is there anyone I can talk to about the upgrade offer?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoyceCates
Level 9

Re: Upgrade offer

The offer is 50% off a Roku Express+ or $15.00. There are newer and better Roku Players you can purchase so you're not missing out on anything by not getting the email. If you have the Roku Streaming Stick 3400 that plugs into the TV, you can unplug it and purchase a newer device plug it up and be good to go. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@Sollas wrote:
I did not get an email regarding upgrade offers since my streaming stick will no longer be upgraded (model #3400x) and there is no contact information listed on the website. Is there anyone I can talk to about the upgrade offer?

The 3400 Stick is MHL, not HDMI, so you can't remove it and just connect a new one. The connector looks the same but they're not.

If your TV has additional HDMI ports (sets with MHL ports usually only have one of them) then you could connect any model Roku player and use it separately from the 3400. As mentioned, Roku has very good prices on many of their current models. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
JoyceCates
Level 9

Thank you for your information. I was doing more research on the Roku Sticks and found the Roku Express would work fine. My TV is HD and the player needs to support a HDMI 2. I found detailed specs on the Amazon website that helped me compare players. Wish Roku provided the specs that you can find on Amazon. I bought a Fire Stick 2nd Generation that will work with Amazon for sure. My friends neighbor is tech savvy. He helped me understand what to do. He said I leave the Roku stick alone, install the new Fire Stick in the HDMI 2 port. The Fire stick is bluetooth compatible, comes with everything including a nice remote. I can use the Fire Stick and Roku until channels stop supporting the 5 year old TV considered old. And, you can actually speak to someone from Amazon. Hoping all with go well. I'll post when I get the Fire Stick to let people know how it works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

Here's a link to a Wiki page that provides some pretty detailed specs for every Roku player made. It doesn't have every tiny detail, but for the most part explains quite well what the players have for specs. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos