Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryS1
Level 7

Transferring Device to Another Individual

I have a ROKU Express+ that I no longer need.  I have a friend who needs one with the composite cables.  What problems will there be when sh tries to use it on her TV?  Will there be setup issues?  If so, please answer here and help me.  Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JackN777
Level 9

Re: Transferring Device to Another Individual

Would love to buy that off of you. Smiley Happy

I would imagine you can deactivate and remove activation of the device from your account at Roku, and it would free it up for her to register and activate for herself.

I had bought a used Roku IIxs back in 2016 and I believe that's what the guy who sold it to me had to do before I could use it.

Smiley Happy

- Roku Express+ 3910X
- Roku Express+ 3910RW
- Roku Express+ 3710X
0 Kudos
Alnatylex
Level 7

I have the same issue, I want to transfer my whole tv set together with Roku Express, but I don't know how to proceed.  Any ideas here?  By the way Roku's company SUCKS because they won't offer any direct customer support whatsoever! 

0 Kudos
LarryS1
Level 7

Deavtivating seemed to do the trick.  I, also, removed it from my account.  I set it up for her on her tv and it is working fine.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos