Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

The Oldest Roku Device to have Voice Control Functionality

Jump to solution

Whether a specific Roku device is considered a Legacy Product or not, what is the oldest one to be able to pair with a Voice Remote (or Voice Remote Pro)?  I have the Express+ 3910 from 2017/2018, along with the RCAL7 Voice Remote and the voice remote works great with my Roku device, so I’d truly like to know; thank you for any responses!

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Oldest Roku Device to have Voice Control Functionality

Jump to solution

@Michelle3 

It doesn't work by age. For example, the Voice Remote functionality will work on the Roku 3 from 2013, but not on the Express from 2017.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Michelle3 

It doesn't work by age. For example, the Voice Remote functionality will work on the Roku 3 from 2013, but not on the Express from 2017.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

Well then I am not entirely sure how the voice functionality works depending on the Roku device, though I know it has voice control / search, along with TV volume / mute controls.

By the way, according to this page on the Roku Support, the Express 3900, which is from 2017 actually supports voice functionality.  You’re probably thinking of the 3700, from 2016, which doesn’t have voice functionality.  
According to the aforementioned page, some older Roku devices not listed in the chart may have limited voice functionalities.

~ Jordan

List of Roku devices compatible with Voice Remote functionality, as seen on the Roku Support page.List of Roku devices compatible with Voice Remote functionality, as seen on the Roku Support page.

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos