Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

TV Input Not Recognizing Roku Stick

I have the basic Roku streaming stick (model 3400, I think). A few days ago, I got a message on the TV, something about the Roku and overheating. 

I then switched to the input for my basic cable to watch that, not thinking anything would happen with the Roku stick. But when I went to switch back to the input Roku was plugged in, it wouldn't recognize it.

I have 3 inputs on my television. The basic cable is plugged into input 2. When I plug the Roku stick into input 1, only inputs 2 and 3 show up (input 1 - where the Roku is - is grayed out). If I plug the Roku stick into input 3, only inputs 1 and 2 will show). It's like whatever input the Roku is plugged into, it's not recognizing.

What is going on? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: TV Input Not Recognizing Roku Stick

The 3400 was the MHL stick that was delivered with certain TVs (I don't know if it was ever sold separately).  Does your stick have a microUSB port used for the power connection?  If so, it's not a 3400 and you should make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  If it doesn't, it will only work in an HDMI port that's marked as MHL.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: TV Input Not Recognizing Roku Stick

It must be the other model then, cause this one was working fine until a few days ago. It wasn't delivered with my tv or anything. Should I just buy another one? Maybe the overheating thing had something to do with it?

0 Kudos