Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wilcoke
Level 7

Re: Stuck on Roku load screen

I am having the same issue. I'll do a hard reset, watch for a little while, then it will go back to that screen

Highlighted
BLyons
Level 7

Having the same issue as all above. Roku 3. No game systems, no pokemon. Have done 2 hard resets and complete re setting up of the roku. Works great til you turn it off and come back a little later. Then same loading screen loop. Smh. Hoping for a software update or a fix from the company. Fingers aren't crossed too tightly.
Highlighted
Gdog33
Level 7

What is the fix for this on Roku 3 4200x? I have an older Roku 1 and it works fine for me in the same location and same WiFi. Although I can't use the old one because it won't support my YouTube TV service provider. This really sucks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Psychop1
Level 8

I feel like Roku has effed us. Instead of making a new device with better features so good that we would have to have it, they decide to break the devices we have so we’ll have to buy new ones. Too bad for them that there are so many great alternatives, and this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. What’s the chance that all these legacy devices would have this problem on the same day they end support for them. I hope that’s not what’s happening here, but the silence is deafening.
Highlighted
redmondChris
Level 7

As some others have found, asking my kids to put their Nintendo Switch devices (which were running the new Pokemon game) in airplane mode restored my Roku 4200x. I hope Roku or Nintendo provide an update soon.
Highlighted
Hea17
Level 8

I managed to get through to support with an online chat and they are opening a ticket. They told me that there were no updates last weekend which seems to be a lie because all of ours went down around the same time. Also mentioned that no one has been looking at the community. I have been able to get my Roku 3 to work periodically but have to unplug and let sit for hours before trying again. I did a hard reset last night so hoping it works today.
Highlighted
TraceyG
Level 7

We have been having the same issues with our 3 now tv boxes, I understand these are made by Roku, issues has only occured since Friday when my son started playing the new pokemon game on his switch. When he's not playing there are no issues. If Roku release a software update would this include the now tv boxes? Thanks

EDIT: There is an update now for the boxes so fingers crossed it fixes the problem
Highlighted
peaster
Level 7

I can absolutely confirm that, in my case, my GF's son has a Switch and as soon as he changed it to airplane mode, the Roku set up screen popped up.  And since the dude is always on the **bleep** thing until 1am, explains why it wasn't working the other night. so frigging weird.

Highlighted
dino50
Level 8

There was a update issued a few days ago that fixed the problem of the Nintendo Switch causing the Roku to freeze on the load screen. My Roku 3 downloaded the update automatically on Tuesday, 11-19 and I have had no problems since then. Anybody still having problems should check to see if they got the update.

Highlighted
Skert123
Level 7

I fixed mine by the power source try ur usb and use a good box I used a cheap one and it would do that restart so switched it to a lg box and works perfect !! 

0 Kudos