Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Abish32
Level 7

Re: Stuck on Roku load screen

So...think anyone will do something about this? 

Highlighted
UGAgirl
Level 7

I had this same problem last 2 days. I did a hard reset and it worked. But now its still happening. Works for awhile then stops. I dont have an external SD card in it. I dont have a switch, i do have an xbox360 and ps4 but both are off. Its still just stuck at the loading screen with the white letters.
Highlighted
Heffamac
Level 7

I tried all that...resetting...getting switch set to airplaine mode...resetting again.

It worked for about 1hour then went back to loading screen 😡

How are we supposed to work this outif there's no support???

@JKKruppa wrote:

That's odd. I have the same problem here. We were using it an hour ago and now suddenly it won't work.

Edit: It's the Roku 3 that was showing the problem, the Roku 2s never did. We've rebooted it, rebooted the router, unplugged both for several minutes, the whole dog and pony show.

Edit 2: We got the Roku 3 working by doing a hard reset: Paperclip in the reset button in the back, we had to do that twice before it worked, then we had to go through the whole set-up process again.

Edit 3: (~2 hours later) Well... This is weird.

So, we reset the Roku, set up all of our settings again (lovely) and it worked for a bit. Then we changed tv channels to play X-box for a few hours and when we went back to the Roku, it was stuck on the loading screen again. 

We just this moment read a thing that said the new Pokemon Sword/Shield game on the Switch (which we bought today for the oldest spawn) was somehow affecting the Roku and to put the Switch into Airplane mode. So we tried that... And now the Roku inexplicably works. o_o  So... that's weird. If it fails on us again, I'll update.

Highlighted

I am having the same issues as you but it seems ROKU no longer cares enough to answer in a timely manner? Is this their way of forcing people to buy new product like Apple?

Highlighted
FrancoF
Level 8

I wish I could post the video with the roku and Nintendo switch.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mine just started doing this. I have no gaming devices. This sucks.

Highlighted
SmilM
Level 7

My 2 Rokus are doing the same thing today. Tried multiple reboots and it did not work. Pressed the reset button on my Roku 3 and it still stuck on the loading screen.
Highlighted
Murray2
Level 7

I have exactly the same thing on a Roku 3 - Just started. Have tried reboot and power disconnection and it just sits there in a loop!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Renic
Level 7

Are you effing kidding me. Turning both of my Switches (with the new Pokemon games) to airplane mode fixed my Roku 3 which was not booting up. Like... What the actual eff...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hea17
Level 8

Has anyone found a solution yet? Both of mine went down at the same time so it seems like it’s due to a software update. Anyone know if Roku even looks at the community? Ugh. I went out and bought an Amazon Fire Stick yesterday to replace one of my Roku’s. However we shouldn’t have to spend $50 for a new device when we already own Roku’s. :-(
0 Kudos