Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mommybat
Reel Rookie

Squiggly arrow icon, on home screen?

Just recently, an s-curve (if you will), up arrow appeared, up between the time and options on the home screen menu(s). What is it's meaning?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Squiggly arrow icon, on home screen?

I've never seen such an icon, but I don't have any variety of Roku stream bar as your post shows.  Might this have something to do with control by Alexa or Google Assistant?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
sleepy2009
Reel Rookie

I'm curious if you figured out what the squiggly arrow was? It is showing up on my Roku TV now, and I am also unable to open any of the channels with the remote. I'm not sure if the two are related or separate issues. This is a new TV purchased 3-4 months ago.

0 Kudos
Mommybat
Reel Rookie

I think it might be the theme/wallpaper. I'm using the 'Winter Wonderland' wallpaper right now, there is no squiggly arrow. If I switch to 'Dirt Rider' wallpaper (same I was using when I posted this), the squiggly arrow returns! So, I think it is actually a road sign arrow, to go with the genre of the theme/wallpaper, and does nothing. What theme/wallpaper do you have on? 

Mommybat
Reel Rookie

Forgot about the channel question! Not sure why your channels won't open, as I don't have a Roku TV, so the remote is probably different. Does your remote have 'voice' control? If so, are you able to open channels that way? Or maybe try re-pairing the remote with the TV? Maybe try different batteries? In my remote, if the batteries start to die, some functions will work but others won't... 

0 Kudos
sleepy2009
Reel Rookie

Oh my goodness, that was it. I was on the dirt rider theme. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
sleepy2009
Reel Rookie

It turns out just taking the batteries and replacing them fixed the problem. 🤷‍♀️

Mommybat
Reel Rookie

I'm glad we figured it out... I hadn't thought about that in ages! 😁

0 Kudos