Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

SoundBridge M1001 in demo mode?

Dear all,

We still have an original SoundBridge M1001, which (in principle) still works. However, since a recent power cut it no longer connects to the WiFi. It seems to be stuck in some sort of demo mode. I can operate the menu, but there is no 'System Configuration' menu anymore. Also the 'off' button on the remote does not do anything, while all other buttons seem to work.

I tried booting in safe mode and going through the factory reset, but that has not changed the situation. Does anybody have a hint on how to get this unit out of demo mode? Or is something different going on?

Best regards,

Jeroen

P.S. There seem to be older posts that sound like this issue, but I can't access these items. For example: for

https://community.roku.com/t5/SoundBridge-Set-Up/Can-t-see-System-Configuration-menu/m-p/104439

I am told I do not have sufficient permissions to access.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: SoundBridge M1001 in demo mode?

Power interruptions are often accompanied by voltage spikes that can damage electronic equipment. Was this unit powered thru a surge protector?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No, it was not powered through a surge protector. It does not appear truly broken though. More confused. The unit happily powers, shows the power-up screen, and then shows a functional menu. The whole situation very much resembles demo mode. Unfortunately I can’t find any real documentation on how to exit this demo mode.

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same deal here.

..:::... Why can't we all just get along?
0 Kudos