Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyee3

Setup older ROKU

I have two older Roku boxes that I have not powered on in maybe two years or more. I see that I do have an email address and a password to get in to the account but have had no luck getting something up on the TV screen.
One Roku is a Roku XD, the second Roku is a TX 3 Pro.
What I would like to know is how to get 1 or both up and working. Is it possible that these Roku's are to old for the server to recognize them.
I am using an HDMI cable from the Roku to the TV and the remote has fresh batteries. No matter which Roku I plug-in, nothing comes up on the screen. Trying to use their website for help, I don't see these older models listed. Throw me any thoughts or processes you have.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setup older ROKU

The Roku XD was discontinued in 2011. Roku dropped all support for that device a few years ago. You won't have much success using that device.

I've never heard of the TX 3 Pro. Is there a model number on it? The Roku XD should be model number 2050, for example. Of course, I didn't buy my first Roku until 2010, so the "TX 3 Pro" may very well predate my time as a Roku user.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
tyee3

Okay maybe I got ahead of myself. If the Roku XD was discontinued that I no longer need to use it or try to get it to work. There is a possibility that I flip-flopped the remotes and the TX three Pro is not a Roku product. Going to do some more research on it to see what I can come up with. I appreciate the help but it's going to take me at least an hour to see what's happening with the TX three Pro. Please check back to see if I have any more questions.

I did Google the TX three Pro and it says Walmart is still selling it. And it's an android product. So now I'm really confused and need to do the research.

0 Kudos
tyee3

It's time for me to shut down for the day. Will do some more research tomorrow. Maybe check back in around lunchtime or dinner time depending upon where you are what time zone your in.

0 Kudos